Safety, Parks and Open Space
The Town held a community workshop on Safety, Parks and Open Space on March 30th, the second of a series of five workshops planned this year for an update of the Town’s General Plan. The workshop featured a presentation, survey questions, and an interactive breakout session that explored questions such as:
- How can the Town reduce wildfire risk?
- How can the Town better prepare for emergencies?
- Are there specific undeveloped open space areas that should be priorities for acquisition or public easements?
- Are there specific park or trail improvements that should be priorities?
- Is there sufficient access to recreational facilities and programs?
In addition to Town staff and the consultant team, the following subject matter experts were on hand to present material related to fire safety and/or answer questions:
- Mike Lantier, Deputy Fire Marshal, Tiburon Fire Protection District
- Fred Hilliard, Division Chief/Fire Marshal, Southern Marin Fire District
- Laurie Nilsen, Tiburon Office of Emergency Services